Tuesday, June 5, 2012

NY Book & Media Week!

Hi all!

Happy Tuesday (practically Wednesday lol)!

If you didn't know, this week is actually New York Book & Media Week! And tomorrow, I get to visit the BookExpo America in the Jacob Javits Center! Yayyyyyyyyyy! I can't wait! Omgosh, I'm just too excited. Among all the wonderful publishers who will be there with booths, a selected group of authors will be having autograph sessionsR.L. StineDav Pilkey, and Eoin Colfer, just to name my faves! I really hope they don't run out of tickets before I get there :( because the session has a limited amount of tickets. I grew up with Goosebumps and Captain Underpants! And Artemis Fowl came into play in JHS and HS. I would LOVE to meet the authors! I'm going to have to dress up all business-y and professional, but end up squealing like a little girl when I meet them x: (haha.. this is going to be a sight to see!)

At the same time, this is also the week of the New Blog and Media Expo. Also at the Javits Center! Unfortunately, I have no connections there so I probably won't get it :(. It would have been kind of cool to learn from the top! Oh well..

Anyway, for this week, there are little events happening in some bookstores and such, so go and check them out! And if you're going to be at the BookExpo, come stop my affiliate's table, Life's Spring! We have Chinese and English books, mostly Christian hymnals and Spiritual books.(:

It's so sad that so many young people dislike reading. I love movies too, but reading is so much fun. It's really a different feeling to hold that book in your hand and physically turn the page. It's completely different from a movie, where all emotions and actions are set out for you. When you read a book, you take the author's words and vision, and you can envision the whole story in your head. The amazing thing is that everyone can read the same book, but have a different feeling or perspective. That's the difference between a book and a movie.

So catch the opportunity and check out some of the events! They're definitely going to be pretty cool ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment